Next PWR Meeting
June 1st; 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. PST – (Zoom)
PWR-LIO Capacity Funds Survey
- Request for feedback ideas on how to use new LIO Capacity Funds (Link to Survey)
Grants and Funding
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation: America the Beautiful Challenge – The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) today announced the 2022 Request for Proposals for the America the Beautiful Challenge, a public-private grant program designed to support locally led, voluntary ecosystem restoration projects. Approximately $85 million in grant funding is available. NFWF recently held an Applicant Webinar, to access webinar and other application materials please visit click this link.
- New Washington State Orca Website – This new website hosts information about Southern Resident killer whales and all of the Orca Task Force recommendations and provides progress on each recommendation. To access the press release from the WA State Recreation and Conservation Office about the new website please click this link.
- Washington Sea Grant Strategic Planning Survey – WSG is inviting partners and stakeholders who use, manage, study, or care about coastal and marine resources to provide input on their upcoming 2024-2027 program. The survey to collect feedback will be open until, Wednesday June 15th. To access the short 15-minute survey click this this link.
- Puget Sound Day on the Hill 2022 – Registration is now open for the Puget Sound Day on the Hill livestream event featuring members of our Congressional delegation including Representative Derek Kilmer and Representative Marilyn Strickland! Please join us to thank them for their stalwart support for Puget Sound and salmon recovery, and to encourage them to continue as they head into appropriations for federal fiscal year 2023. Date: May 11 Time: 2:00-3:00 Pacific.
- Fisheries Science Manger Position – Tacoma Power
Tacoma Power is currently looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Fisheries Sciences Manager to join our Natural Resources team. This position will be responsible for overseeing the Fisheries Sciences group – providing leadership and supervision, oversight of FERC required fisheries Monitoring and Evaluation, monitoring and evaluation focused on Tacoma owned hatcheries, oversight of fish passage programs, and development and coordination of fish management plans.
Click this link to learn more and on how to apply.