Next PWR Meeting
September 14th; 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. PST – (Zoom)
- PWR-LIO Capacity Funds Feedback Form – Request for feedback for ideas on how to use new LIO Capacity Funds (Link to Form) by Tuesday June 14th.
- LIO Website Feedback – Provide feedback to the draft LIO website + any high resolution images to include on the website. Send feedback and images to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday June 15th.
- Habitat Strategic Initiative Grant Program Webinar – Please join the Habitat Strategic Initiative Lead for an exciting two-part webinar highlighting the results of two of their grants that advance the Shoreline Armoring Implementation Strategy. The webinar is divided into two parts, (1) Creating Training for Shoreline Planners and Contractors (2) Ways to Support the Shore Friendly Program. The webinar will take place Monday, June 13th from 2:00-3:00 pm on Zoom, to register please visit this link.
- Vital Signs Update – The Puget Sound Partnership has started reporting on a new generation of the Puget Sound Vital Signs, which measure ecosystem health, through an updated website. The website includes a new infographic for the Vital Signs. Changes include: reframing Vital Signs related to habitat to reflect parts of the ecosystem, combining the habitat and abundant water recovery goals, widening the scope of specific Vital Signs (for example Salmon replacing Chinook), adding groundfish and benthic invertebrates and zooplankton as VS, and many new indicators and the six targets adopts through the 2022-2026 Action Agenda process: Southern Resident killer whales, Chinook salmon, toxics in aquatic life, eelgrass sites, shellfish beds and swimming beaches.
- Stewardship Technician – Nisqually Land Trust
The position will work collaboratively with Land Trust staff, AmeriCorps members,
volunteers, and partners to coordinate and implement land stewardship, habitat maintenance, and habitat restoration activities. Typically, the person in this position spends three workdays in the field and two days in the office each week. Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three references to email@example.com with “Stewardship Technician” in the subject line.
Address cover letter to Kim Bredensteiner. To learn more, click here.
- Office and Development Assistant – Nisqually Land Trust
The position will support all Land Trust staff by completing day-to-day administrative and office tasks that are essential to maintaining and growing the Land Trust’s capacity to
permanently protect and restore fish and wildlife habitat in the Nisqually Watershed. The position will also assist on the development team with communication, outreach and fundraising events, and donor tracking and acknowledgements.
Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office and Development Assistant” in the subject line. Address cover letter to Kim Bredensteiner. To learn more, click here.
- Social Science Research Coordinator for PSP – Oregon State University
OSU’s Human Dimensions of Fisheries, Wildlife and Conservation Sciences lab in collaboration with the Puget Sound Partnership of Washington State are looking for an interdisciplinary social science Research Associate to manage social science integration across state, county, city and federal partners in Puget Sound restoration. Application are open until August 8th. To apply and learn more, click here.