PWR LIO Meetings
- Next Meeting – September 14th; 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. PST – (Zoom)
South Sound Science Symposium
Hello South Sound Science Symposium Enthusiasts!
Registration is open for the October 20, 2022 South Sound Science Symposium at the Little Creek Casino Resort in Shelton. Click southsoundscience.org.
Please do forward this email to your colleagues.
Also you can find the call for poster abstracts here Posters.
Please continue to check the website for the final program.
Topics will include: regenerative agriculture and carbon markets, sevengill sharks, sunflower sea star, effects of the 2014-2016 (The Blob) heat wave on deep South Sound, South Sound kelp, geoduck growth rates, human health and ecological risk assessment of infiltrated reclaimed water, Kitsap County natural resource asset management, experimental 6PPPD- Quinone removal at Ohop Creek, Stormwater Heat Maps, Nisqually Chinook salmon genetics, ocean acidification in South Sound, shellfish/eelgrass interactions, microplastics, and larval crab monitoring.
We hope to see you in person on October 20th.
The South Sound Science Symposium Planning Committee
- Jesse Barham- City of Olympia
- Dayv Lowry- NOAA Fisheries
- Dany Burgess- WA State Dept. of Ecology
- Tom Kantz- Pierce County
- Dan Calvert-Sentinel Landscapes Partnership
- Allison Osterberg- Thurston Regional Planning Council
- Julie Masura- UW Tacoma
- Sayre Hodgson- Nisqually Tribe
- Jean Frost- WA Dept. of Health
- Bob Simmons- WSU Extension
- Erica Marbet- Squaxin Island Tribe
- Scott Steltzner- Squaxin Island Tribe
- Erin Ewald- Taylor Shellfish